Friday, October 6, 2017

Just Because! Episode 1

On your marks!


●明日は終業式なのにね。
 Ashita wa shuugyoushiki nanoni ne
― The closing ceremony is tomorrow, huh?

[Brushup]
Hello!! Kin-iro Mosaic Episode 8
○一学期終業式
 Ichigakki Shuugyoushiki
― First Semester Closing Ceremony

●日誌なんて「何もない一日でした」でいいんだよ!
 Nisshi nante "Nanimo nai ichinichi deshite" de iinda yo
― You can just write, "It was an unevenful day" in the logbook!

●てかサルじゃねぇし、猿渡だし!
 Teka saru ja neeshi Saruwatari dashi
― Hey! It's Saruwatari, not Monkey!

猿 (saru): monkey

●だるまさんが転んだか。
 Daruma-san ga koronda ka
― Red Light, Green Light, huh?

[Brushup]
Osomatsu-san Episode 9
○だるまさんが…転んだ!
 Daruma-san ga koronda
― Green light... Red light.

●学ランって微妙じゃない?
 Gakuran tte bimyou ja nai
― Aren't gakuran uniforms meh?

[Brushup]
Your lie in April Episode 5
○あー学ランだ。
 Aa gakuran da
― Hey, check out that uniform.
The term is a combination of gaku (学) meaning "study" or "student", and ran (らん or 蘭) meaning the Netherlands or, historically in Japan, the West in general; thus, gakuran translates as "Western student (uniform)". (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_school_uniform#Gakuran)

●なんつーか地味で存在感ないっつうか。
 Nantsuka jimi de sonzaikan nai ttsuuka
― I mean, she's reserved or she doesn't have a strong presence, I guess.

●俺って男らしさ滲み出しちゃってる系だしな。
 Ore tte otokorashisa mijimidashichatteru kei dashi na
― Well, I AM the type that oozes manliness.

●潮時だと思うんだよ、俺は。
 Shiodoki da to omounda yo ore wa
― I think it's high time you disband.

[Brushup]
Osomatsu-san Episode 10
○まぁ潮時か。
 Maa shiodoki ka
― Well, I guess it's time to call it off.

●いつか訴えるからね?
 Itsuka uttaeru kara ne
― I'm gonna report you someday, got it?

●甲子園なんてもっとありえない。
 Koushien nante motto arienai
― High school nationals is even more unlikely.
In Japan, Kōshien (甲子園) generally refers to the two annual baseball tournaments played by high schools nationwide culminating at a final showdown at Hanshin Kōshien Stadium in Nishinomiya, Japan. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_school_baseball_in_Japan)

●また親父の転勤。
 Mata oyaji no tenkin
― My dad relocated again.

[Brushup]
Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3
○お父さんどうせまた転勤あるんでしょ?
 Otou-san douse mata tenkin arun desho
― You're gonna be transferred again anyway, aren't you, Dad?

●へい!へい!ピッチャーびびってる!
 Hei hei pitcher bibitteru
― Hey, hey! The pitcher is chickening out!

●マメつぶれた。
 Mame tsubureta
― My blisters popped.

●まぁ願掛けみたいなもん?
 Maa gankake mitaina mon
― I guess it's sort like a prayer?

●私ら炎天下で必死に演奏したのにさ。
 Watashira entenka de hisshi ni ensou shita noni sa
― And we played under the blazing sun like our lives depended on it...

[Brushup]
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace Episode 10
○炎天下に女性を待たせるとはいかがなものでしょう。
 Entenka ni josei wo mataseru toha ikagana mono deshou
― I'm not sure about your keeping a lady waiting in this hot weather.

●逆転ホームラン!
 Gyakurten home run
― A come-from-behind home run!

●いや、どう見ても場外ホームランだって。
 Iya dou mitemo jougai home run datte
― No, I mean, it's an out-of-the-park home run, no matter how you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment