Sunday, April 10, 2016

Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge Episode 1

田中くんと太田くん
Tanaka-kun to Oota-kun
― Tanaka-kun and Ohta-kun


●田中の回収ご苦労さん。
 Tanaka no kaishuu gokurousan
― Thanks for retrieving Tanaka.

[Brushup]
Ninja Slayer Episode 2
○死体を回収せよ。
 Shitai wo kaishuu seyo
― Recover his body.

突っ伏して寝てたら、両腕が痺れて動けなくなったり。
 Tsuppushite netetara ryouude ga shibirete ugokenaku nattari
― When I sleep with my head on the desk, my arms fall asleep, and I can't move them.

[Brushup]
Yatterman Night Episode 2
痺れた…まんねん。
 Shibireta mannen
― I'm... numb.

目測誤って、思いっきり頭ぶつけたり。
 Mokusoku ayamatte omoikkiri atama butsuketari
― I misjudge the distance and hit my head really hard.

[Brushup]
Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches Episode 1
○お前が割り込んでくるから目測が狂ったんだよ!
 Omae ga warikonde kuru kara mokusoku ga kuruttan dayo
― I misjudged the distance because you got between us!

●あと頬杖ついていたら、段々無理のある態勢になっていって、関節痛めたりとか。
 Ato hoozue tsuite itara dandan muri no aru taisei ni natte itte kansetsu itametari toka
― And when I rest my chin on my hand, my posture gets increasingly awkward, and I end up hurting my wrist.

[Brushup]
Your lie in April Episode 7
○気が滅入ってる時は頬杖をつくといい。
 Ki ga meitteru toki wa hoozue wo tsukuto ii
― "When you're depressed, it always helps to lean your head on your arms.

●俺はまったりしたいだけなのに…
 Ore wa mattari shitai dake nanoni
― I just want to relax...

●思う存分だらだらできる。
 Omou zonbun daradara dekiru
― I can doze as much as I want...

●結構デリケートだな。
 Kekkou delicate da na
― You're pretty sensitive to that stuff...

●今度こそ極上のまどろみを。
 Kondo koso gokujou no madoromi wo
― Now I can enjoy some choice dozing.

心置きなくだらだらするために、運動頑張るよ。
 Kokorookinaku daradara suru tame ni undou ganbaru yo
― I'll work my body hard so hat I can slack off worry-free.

[Brushup]
Encouragement of Climb Season 2 Episode 19
○これで心置きなく谷川岳に行けるね。
 Korede kokoro okinaku Tanigawa-dake ni ikerune
― Now I can go to Mt. Tanigawa without that weight on my shoulders.

●お手柔らかに頼む。
 Oteyawarakani tanomu
― Go easy on us.

[Brushup]
Amagi Brilliant Park Episode 7
○お手柔らかに。
 Oteyawaraka ni
― Be gentle.

●おまえも大概がっつりが馴染んでないけどな。
 Omae mo taigai gattsuri ga najindenai kedo na
― You don't look like the "loaded" type, either.

●頬杖を突くと顎関節症ほうれい線の原因にもなるらしい。
 Hoozue wo tsukuto gakukansetsushou ya houreisen no genin nimo naru rashii
― It can lead to temporomandibular joint disorder or nasolabial folds.

●と、吐血?!
 To-Toketsu
― H-He spit up blood?!

●大事なのは体力じゃなくて気にしない力、揺らぐことのない精神。
 Daiji nano wa tairyoku ja nakute kinishinai-ryoku yuragu koto no nai seishin 
― What's important is an unwavering mind and the ability to not care, not physical strength.

●俺、写経始めようと思う。
 Ore shakyou hajimeyou to omou
― I think I should start copying sutras.
Sutra copying is considered a merit in Buddhism. Other meritorious practices included the memorization and recitation of sutras. The effort of sutra copying is considered an expression of piety, and recognized as a devotional practice, since it comprises worship, literature, and calligraphy. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutra_copying)
色即是空 Shikisokuzekuu
Phenomena becomes emptiness
空即是色 Kuusokuzeshiki
Emptiness becomes phenomena

[Brushup]
Is the Order a Rabbit?? Episode 4
○色即是空、空即是色。
 Shikisoku zekuu kuusoku zeshiki
― F-Form is emptiness, and emptiness is form.
The specific sequence of concepts listed in lines 12-20 ("...in emptiness there is no form, no sensation, ... no attainment and no non-attainment") is the same sequence used in the Sarvastivadin Samyukta Agama; (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_Sutra)

●その点、モブは良いよ。
 Sono ten mob wa ii yo
Background characters have it easy.

[Brushup]
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 0
○そんなだからいつまでたってもモブキャラみたいに目立たなくて、存在感薄くて周囲に埋没するんだぞ。
 Sonna dakara itsu made tattemo mob kyara mitai ni medatanakute sonzaikan usukute shuui ni maibotsu surunda zo
― That's why you'll always be like a background character: inconspicuous, zero presence, and swallowed up by your surroundings.

●老後100%隠居しそうだな。
 Rougo 100% inkyo shisou da na
― You'll definitely live alone in your old age...

●年末の大掃除は?
 Nenmatsu no oosouji wa
― End-of-the-year cleaning?

●けだるさ2倍デーか?
 Kedarusa nibai day ka
― Double listlessness day?

●形状記憶?!
 Keijou kioku
― Shape-memory effect?!

●のど乾いたから冷水器で水飲んで帰ろ。
 Nodo kawaita kara reisuiki de mizu nonde kaero
― I'm thirsty. I'm gonna get a drink from the water fountain.

●水も滴るいいけだるい。
 Mizu mo shitataru ii kedarui
― Breathtakingly beautiful listlessness...

[Idiom]
水も滴るいい男 (Mizu mo shitataru ii otoko)
Literally: good man who is dripping wet
Meaning: breathtakingly beautiful man

●ほら、玉子焼きをやろう。
 Hora tamagoyaki wo yarou
― Here, have some of my rolled omelet.

[Brushup]
Gourmet Girl Graffiti Episode 2
○特に玉子焼きが絶品で。
 Toku ni tamagoyaki ga zeppin de
― Especially her rolled omelettes.
Tamagoyaki 卵焼き (literally 'grilled egg', also called tamago or dashimaki) is a type of Japanese omelette, which is made by rolling together several layers of cooked egg. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamagoyaki)

●今日は「故郷」を合唱しましょう。
 Kyou wa Furusato wo gasshou shimashou
― Today, we'll be singing "Furusato (Hometown)."
Furusato (故郷) is a well-known Japanese children's song, with music by Teiichi Okano and lyrics by Tatsuyuki Takano. The song was composed in 1914. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furusato_(children's_song))

●兎追いし 彼かの山♪
 Usagi oishi kano yama
― I chased rabbits on that mountain 

●小鮒釣りし 彼かの川♪
 Ogura tsurishi kano kawa
― I fished for minnows in that river 

●夢は今も巡りて♪
 Yume wa ima mo megurite
― I still dream of those days, even now

●忘れ難き 故郷♪
 Wasuregataki furusato
― Oh, how I miss my old country home...

短調にアレンジされている!
 Tanchou ni arrange sareteiru
― He's altered it to a minor key!

荒廃しきったふるさとだ。
 Kouhai shikitta furusato da
― My hometown is nothing but a wasteland!

●わかった!奇声だけにキシェー!
 Wakatta Kisei dake ni "kishee"
― I get it! He screeched, "skree"!

●食欲不振に、上の空
 Shokuyoku fushin ni uwa no sora
― The lack of appetite, the absent-mindedness...

[Brushup]
Kamisama Hajimemashita 2 Episode 3
○何を聞いても上の空でお酒を飲むばかり。
 Nani wo kiitemo uwa no sora de osake wo numu bakari
― No matter what she asks him, he seems distracted and all he does is drink.

麻酔してるから分かんないし。
 Masui shiteru kara wakannai shi
― I can't feel anything after the anesthetic.

[Brushup]
Punchline Episode 9
○安心しろ、ただの麻酔薬だ。
 Anshin shiro tada no masuiyaku da
― Don't worry, it's just an anesthetic.

●もう絶対虫歯になんかならない。
 Mou zettai mushiba ni nanka naranai
― I'm never gonna get a cavity again.

[Brushup]
Is the Order a Rabbit?? Episode 9
○食ったら虫歯になるぞ!
 Kuttara mushiba ni naru zo
― That'll give you cavities!

No comments:

Post a Comment