Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6

鎖の音
Kusari no Oto
― The Sound of Chains


●最初の死因は寝てる間の衰弱死ってとこか。
 Saiho no shiin wa neteru aida no suijaku-shi tte toko ka
― Does that mean I died in my sleep the first time, due to physical weakness?

[Brushup]
Amagi Brilliant Park Episode 5
衰弱しきって発見されたろん。
 Suijaku shikitte hakken sareta ron
― They were found barely clinging to life.

犬死に全開じゃねぇか。
 Inujini zenkai ja nee ka
― My death was totally in vain.

●多めに見てくれ。
 Oome ni mitekure
― Cut me some slack, huh?

[Brushup]
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Episode 2
○今は勘弁してよ…
 Ima ha kanben shiteyo
― Cut me some slack for now...

●そうそう都合よく扱われるのも心外なのよ。
 Sousou tsugou yoku atsukawareru no mo shingai nano yo
― It's quite vexing to be treated as a mere convenience.

●その花壇、レムが動物の糞を肥料にまいてたのよね。
 Sono kadan Rem ga doubutsu no fun wo hiryou ni maitetano yo ne
― You know, Rem just spread manure in that flower bed yesterday.

3秒ルール!ノーカン、ノーカンだよね?
 Sanbyou rule No-kan no-kan dayo ne
Three-second rule! That didn't count... That didn't count, right?

[Brushup]
Denki-gai no Honya-san Episode 6
○素早く戻した!3秒ルール
 Subayaku modhoshita San-byou rule
― She's picking it up! Three second rule!

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5
○ノーカン!ノーカンでお願いします!
 No-kan No-kan de onegaishimasu
― That didn't count! Please don't count that!

●こういうのは運がつくって幸運がつくのと言い換える考え方があって。
 Kou iu no wa un ga tsuku tte kouun ga tsuku no to iikaeru kangaekata ga atte
― In fact, they say this kind of thing is actually lucky.

It comes from a pun made of "運 (un: luck)" and "うんこ (unko: dump)".

●とりあえず最初の悪印象は挽回
 Toriaezu saisho no akuinshou wa bankai
― Well, now that I've rebounded from my initial bad impression...

[Brushup]
Osomatsu-san Episode 24
○誰か良い人を見つけて挽回したいんです。
 Dareka ii hito wo mitsukete bankai shitain desu
― I want to find someone great and bounce back.

●これはいわゆる愛称ってやつだよ。
 Kore wa iwayuru aishou tte yatsu dayo
― It's what they call a pet name.

げんなりされるかと思ったら、好感触だよ。
 Gennari sareruka to omottara koukanshoku dayo
― I expected her to cringe, but I got a positive response.

●俺のメインヒロイン、チョロいんだ?!
 Ore no main heroine choroinda
― My main heroine is easy to please, huh?!

[Brushup]
Gatchaman Crowds Insight Episode 5
○お前らチョロいなw
  Omaera choroi na wara
― You're such pushovers lol

●せめて襲撃者の背格好だけ分かれば、話は違うんだろうな。
 Semete shuugesha no sekakkou dake wakareba hanashi wa chigaun darou na
― If I just knew even the attacker's physique, it might be a different story.

背格好: habitus, body-build

[Brushup]
The Rolling Girls Episode 1
○言われてみりゃ背格好や声も似てる気がする。
 Iwarete mirya sekakkou ya koe mo niteru ki ga suru
― And if I think about it, your personalities and voices also seem similar.

●俺を食客としてこの屋敷で食っちゃ寝放題させてくれ!
 Ore wo shokkyaku to shite kono yashiki de kucchane houdai sasete kure
― let me live here as a house guest, and eat and sleep all I want!

●その表現は心外に尽きるかしら。
 Sono hyougen wa shingai ni tsukiru kashira
― That's an absolutely terrible way to put it, I suppose.

●食客という名の居候
 Shokkyaku to iu na no isourou
― You're a freeloader calling yourself a guest.

[Brushup]
SPACE DANDY Episode 25
○仕方なく居候させているだけとありますが。
 Shikata naku isourou sasete iru dake to arimasu ga
― so he was forced to keep you on as a freeloader.

●『泣いた赤鬼』とか。
 "Naita Akaoni" toka
― Like "The Red Ogre Who Cried."

cf. https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/泣いた赤鬼

●願うばかりで尻拭いは人任せの赤鬼と
 Negau bakari de shirinugui wa hitomakase no akaoni to
― The red ogre, who can only wish and be taken care of others,

[Brushup]
Denpa Kyoushi Episode 5
自分のケツくらい自分で拭ける
 Jibun no ketsu kurai jibun de fukeru
― I can take care of myself.

[Idiom]
尻拭いをする (Shiri-nugui wo suru) / ケツを拭く(ketsu wo fuku)
Literally: wipe up somebody's ass
Meaning: bear the consequences of somebody's mistake

●お客様は浮気性で優柔不断ね。
 okyaku-sama wa uwakishou de yuujuu fudan ne
― you must be the indecisive, adulterous type.

[Brushup]
Denki-gai no Honya-san Episode 2
○他のキャラに心が揺らぐなど何たる浮気性
 Hoka no chara ni kokoro ga yuragu nado nantaru uwakishou
― How unfaithful of you to be attracted to another character.

口止め料だろ?
 Kuchidome-ryou daro
Hush money, right?

[Brushup]
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi Episode 12
○加代ちゃんと赤ちゃん見たら口止めなんてできるわけないべさ。
 Kayo-chan to aka-chan mitara kuchidome nante dekiru wake nai be sa
― After seeing Kayo and her baby, I didn't have the heart to hush her up.

●ゆめゆめそれを忘れないように。
 Yumeyume sore wo wasurenai youni
― Be sure not to forget it.

[Brushup]
Ninja Slayer Episode 11
○わしの教えゆめゆめ忘れるなかれ。
 Washi no oshie yumeyume wasureru nakare
― Never forget my teachings!

●完全に相手の掌の上で踊らされたってことか?
 Kanzen ni aite no tenohira no ue de odorasareta tte koto ka
― Does this mean I played right into the attacker's hands?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, awesome blog! I can't believe you have had this up for so long and I only just found it today!

    I independently came up with the same idea (though with a different execution) to learn and teach others Japanese through Anime and posted it to /r/anime. Then when thinking of a name for the subreddit, I chose /u/JapaneseInAnime then googled it and found your blog. I have to say your posts here are amazing and great resources for those looking to learn.

    I was wondering if you would want to collaborate on a project with some redditors and me, or at least allow us to link your blog posts on our episode lessons. I'm trying to build team(s) to do a mini version of what you are doing and linking your blog posts would be the "deep dive" into the Japanese language that a lot of people might look for. At the very least, this could generate traffic to your blog, and hopefully teach a lot of people Japanese.

    Please contact me on reddit /u/alexinawe if this sounds good to you. And/or visit the sub /r/JapaneseInAnimeForum to join the conversation about getting this started!

    ReplyDelete