Saturday, October 25, 2014

Your lie in April Episode 3

春の中
Haru no naka
― Inside Spring

12 Variations on "Ah, vous dirai-je Maman" is commonly known as "きらきら星(Kirakiraboshi)."

エキストラの次は代役か。
 Extra no tsugi ha daiyaku ka
― Fisrt I was an extra... now I'm a substitute, huh?

オブジェだと思ったらちゃんと弾けるんだね?
 Obuje dato omottara chanto hikerundane
― I thought it was just a prop, but you can really play it, huh?

The French word "objet" corresponding to "object" in English.

●ピアノがにっこりしてる。
 Piano ga nikkori shiteru
― That piano's grinning from ear to ear!

●ピアノに水気は厳禁なのに生花を飾るなんて。
 Piano ni mizuke ha genkin nanoni seika wo kazaru nante
― You should never put a piano near water, but they've decorated it with fresh flowers.

厳禁: strict prohibition

精神年齢が近いのか?
 Seishin-nenrei ga chikainoka
― I guess her mental age is low?

余は満足じゃ
 Yo ha manzoku ja
― I am one satisfied girl!

It was originally used when a lord praised something.
Nowadays the turn of phrase is spoken in a superior tone.
余 is a first-person pronoun.

●その演奏は正確かつ厳格、ヒューマンメトロノーム。
 Sono ensou ha seikaku katsu genkaku human metronome
― You playing style was accurate and disciplined - a human metronome.

●8歳でオーケストラと共演した神童
 Hassai de orchestra to kyouen shita shindou
― You were a prodigy who performed with an orchestra at eight.

同世代で君を知らない演奏家はいないよ。
 Dousedai de kimi wo shiranai ensouka ha inaiyo
― There isn't a musician of our generation who hasn't heard of you.

●奏でた音は、春風にさらわれた花のようにもつれながら遠ざかって消えてしまう。
 Kanadeta oto ha harukaze ni sarawareta hana no youni motsurenagara toozakatte kieteshimau
― The sounds I play... fade away from my reach, tangling up like flowers seized by the spring wind... and vanish.

●日常生活では何の支障もないんだ。
 Nichijou seikatsu deha nanno shishou mo nainda
― It doesn't affect me at all in my daily life.

支障: hindrance, problem, trouble

●きっとこれはなんだ。
 Kitto kore ha batsu nanda
― This has to be... a punishment.

●甘ったれんな!
 Amattarenna
― Don't be such a baby!

●棒くわえて弾いたろか!ベートーベンみたいに!
 Bou kuwaete hiitaroka Beethoven mitaini
― Have you tried playing with a stick between your teeth, like Beethoven?
There are stories that Beethoven would clench a stick in his teeth, placing the other end on the piano to feel the vibrations, but these tales seem to be imaginary. - Talk: Bone conduction - Wikipedia

●指が足りないなら鼻も使え! / モーツァルト?
 Yubi ga tarinainara hana mo tsukae
― If you don't have enough fingers, then use your nose as well! / Mozart?

●こういう気持ちはたぶん憧れって言うんだ、きっと。
 Kouiu kimochi ha tabun akogare tte iunda kitto
― This is probably what you call yearing, I bet.

[Brushup]
Hanayamata Episode 9
○私はそんな憧れの姉になりたかったのだ。
 Watashi ha sonna akogare no ane ni naritakatta noda
― I wanted to become like the sister I admired so much.

●友人A君を私の伴奏者に任命します。
 Yuujin A-kun wo watashi no bansousha ni ninmei shimasu
― I hereby appoint Friend A as my accompanist.

●朝から待ち伏せって!
 Asa kara machibuse tte
Ambushing me at this hour!

[Brushup]
Your lie in April Episode 2
○驚かせようと思って待ち伏せしてるんだ。
 Odorokaseyou to omotte machibuse shiterunda
― I want to scare him, so I'm lying in wait.

●課題曲はサンサーンス序奏とロンド・カプリチオーソにしといたから、
 Kadaikyoku ha Saint-Saëns no Josou to Rondo Capricciso ni shitoita kara
― For our set piece, I decides on Saint-Saëns's introduction and Rondo Capricciso,

●こないだの伴奏者に愛想尽かされちゃって
 Konaida no bansousha ni aiso tsukasarechatte
― I got dumped by my accompanist from the other day...

愛想を尽かす(aiso wo tsukasu): give up on, get fed up
→ [passive] 愛想を尽かされる(aiso wo tsukasareru)

[Brushup]
Hanayamata Episode 10
○そんなんだからママに愛想尽かされるんですよ!
 Son nan dakara mama ni aiso tsukasarerun desu yo
― This is why Mom got fed up with you!

●大興奮!
 Daikoufun
― I'm totally psyched!

●いつの間に待ち受けまで!
 Itsu no ma ni machiuke made
― When did she do this? Even my wallpaper's...

[Brushup]
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Episode 5
待ち受けにしちゃった。
  Machiuke ni shichatta
― So I made it my wallpaper.

●ダメダメな弟って感じ。
 Damedamena otouto tte kanji
― He's like a hopeless kid brother...

●今の公生、中途半端だもん。
 Ima no Kousei chuuto-hanpa damon
― Because right now, Kousei's only living his life halfway.

[Brushup]
Encouragement of Climb Season 2 Episode 12
○そんな中途半端でどうすんの?
  Sonna chuuto-hanpa de dousunno
― How can you be so half-hearted?

●次は都津原大学病院前
 Tsugi ha Totsuhara daigaku byouin mae
― Next step, Totsuhara University Hospital Entrance

This story is primarily set in Nerima Ward, Tokyo.

●君の言う通り、満足のいく演奏はできないかもしれない。
 Kimi no iu toori manzoku no iku ensou ha dekinai kamo shirenai
― Just like you said, we might not be able to turn in a performance that we can live with.

満足のいく: satisfactory

挫けそうになる私を支えてください。
 Kujikesou ni naru watashi wo sasaete kudasai
― Please support me in this moment that I'm about to lose heart.

挫ける(kujikeru)

●どうなっても知らないからな。
 Dou nattemo shiranai kara na
― I'm not making any guarantees, all right?

●私たち最強だもん!
 Watashitachi saikyou damon
― Because we rule!

体育会系、舐めんなよ!
 Taiikukai-kei namennayo
― Don't underestimate us jocks!

●つまんねぇ心配するなって!
 Tsumannee shinpai suruna tte
― Hey, don't sweat the small stuff!

{Short clip}
●自転車の二人乗りは法令で禁止されております。
  Jitensha no futar-nori ha hourei de kinshi sarete orimasu
― Two People on a Bike is Forbidden By Law

The slang 二ケツ(niketsu) is also used for the same meaning.

二(2, two) + ケツ(butt)

Carrying children on a bicycle is permitted as an exception.
How about your country?

No comments:

Post a Comment