Thursday, August 7, 2014

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Episode 5

恋を「思い」「描く」男子。
Koi wo Omoi Egaku Danshi.
― The Man Who Envisions Love

New characters appearing in each episode are so colorful that I can’t be bored.

Nozaki
●いや、彼女だったら、こんなに焦らないと思う。
 Iya, kanojo dattara, konna ni aseranai to omou
― Actually, if were my girlfriend, I don't think I'd be this stressed.

Nozaki
●なんといっても連絡が速い
  Nanto ittemo renraku ga osoi
― He's really fast with communication.

Nar
●前の担当 前野氏
  Mae no tantou Maeno-shi
― The previous editor: Mr. Maeno.

Maeno = previous ore last
Sakura
●何で豆まき何だろうって思ったよ。
  Nande mamemaki nandarou tte omottta yo
― I wonder why they were throwing beans.

In Japan, we have Bean-Throwing Festival called Setsubun on Feburary 3.

Nozaki
●俺はまだかわいい方だったと最近気付いた。
  Ore ha mada kawaii hou datta to saikin kiduita
― I've realized recently that I didn't have it so bad.

Sakura
●何でこのタヌキずっといるの?
  Nande kono tanuki zutto iru no
― Why is this tanuki there all the time?

Tanuki is japanese raccoon dog.

Two
●どんな無茶ぶりだ?
  Donna mutyaburi da
― What kind od insane proposal is that?

無茶ぶり: unreasonable request

Maeno
ドジっこ注意報!
  Dojikko chuuihou
Klutz alert!

ドジっこ is used to refer solely to women.
≒ ditz

Two
ナマ前野!
  Nama maeno
― Maeno, in the flesh!

ナマ、生: in person

Ken-san
割り切るのもいいんですけど、少しは感情移入した方がいいですよ。
  Warikiru no mo iindesu kedo, sukoshi ha kanjou-inyuu shita hou ga ii desu yo
― It' fine to be direct, but you should probably include more emotions.

Sakura
●マミコが尻軽に!
  Mamiko ga shirigaru ni
― Mamiko's becoming a hussy!

Yuzuki
●私、桜でんぶ嫌いなんだよね。
  Watashi sakura-denbu kirai nanda yone
― I hate this pink shredded meat.

桜でんぶ is made from meat of codfish and sprinkled on rice.

Sakura
待ち受けにしちゃった。
  Machiuke ni shichatta
― So I made it my wallpaper.

待ち受け: mobile phone's standby screen

Nozaki
こっくりさん、こっくりさん
Kokkuri-san... Kokkuri-san...

こっくりさん is a occult game that is a form of divination,
I didn't know that it is based on Western table-turning.


Mamiko
●そんな時見つけたのがこの教材!
  Sonna toki mitsuketa no ga kono kyouzai
― That's when I found this workbook!

●ポイントが押えてあるからぐんぐん学力アップ!!
 Pointo ga osaete aru kara gungun gakuryoku appu
― They point out all the important parts, so my grades keep going up!

 ●そして、恋までレベルアップ!?
  Soshite, koi made reberu appu
― And then... Has my love leveled up, too?!

The epilogue is a parody that every Japanese can understand. 
Japanese children, from elementary school to high school students are continually sended a educational pamphlet illustrated by cartoon through direct mail.
The cartoon is always like the plot that the workbook makes a main character succeed in academics and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment