Thursday, November 20, 2014

Trinity Seven Episode 7


I have a just question.


●分析力はピカイチね。
 Bunsekiryoku ha pikaichi ne
― Your ability to analyze things is tops!

ピカイチは古いんじゃ…
 Pikaichi ha furuinja
― I don't think anyone says "tops" anymore.

The word ピカイチ means number one, star, or top.
Certainly I feel like it's becoming a little obsolete, but they commonly say that still.
The origin of the word is derived from a Japanese card game called 花札(hanafuda).

Meanwhile, I wonder if no one really uses "tops" anymore since it is old.
Please teach me!



Supplement

食えない男。
 Kuenai otoko
― What a pain.

[Original idiom]
煮ても焼いても食えない(nitemo yaitemo kuenai)
literally: inedible even if boiled or grilled
meaning: too hard to deal with, tough bird to cook

Then it also means crafty and shrewd.

●待ってろよ。揉みしだくからな!
 Matteroyo Momishidaku karana
― Wait for me. I'll rub them raw!

literally: rub thoroughly

No comments:

Post a Comment