Saturday, August 9, 2014

Encouragement of Climb Season 2 Episode 5


ゆるして、あげない!
Yurushite agenai
― I won't forgive you!

I tend to lose interest in slice-of-life anime, but this show is just the right length of time.

●ひなたは昔からね、ドブに落ちたり、自転車で川に突っ込んだりする子だったのよ。
  Hinata ha mukashi kara ne, dobu ni ochitari, jitensya de kawa ni tsukkonndari suru ko datta no yo
― Hinata used to always trip and fall, or ride a bike into the river.

ドブ: ditch

Where is a ditch?
"Trip and fall" will be followed by "into a ditch," but it is omitted.

●それで私しょっちゅう巻き添えになって。
  Sorede watashi shocchuu makizoe ni natte
― Because of you I became a laughing stock in grade school.

巻き添え: involved

●いいじゃん、別に減るもんじゃなし
  Iijan, betu ni heru mon ja nashi
― Come on, it's not like it's the end of the world.

[Literal transl]
→ You've got nothing to lose.

トンチキって何?
  Tonchiki tte nani
― What's a numbskull?

Though the word "トンチキ" is rarely used today, it makes sense.

●教えてほしいのは石投げじゃなくて。
  Oshiete hoshii no ha ishinage ja nakute
― I don't want you to teach me stone skimming...

Also called 水切り(mizukiri)

●だってあいつも話しかけてこなかったし。
  Datte aitsu mo hanashikakete konakatta shi
― She stopped trying to strike up a conversation with me.

●変な意地を張ったりしないで、素直になればいいんだよね。
  Henna iji wo hattari shinaide, sunao ni nareba iinda yone
― If you aren't needlessly obstinate, you 'll become a bit more honest.

●じゃあ、おあいこってことで。
  Jaa, oaiko tte koto de
Now that we're even, I bid you farewell!

I will show a part of opening lyrics below.

夏色プレゼント
Natsuiro purezento
A present in the colours of summer

一緒に駆け抜けたとき
Issho ni kakenuketa toki
The time we spent playing together

最高のプレゼント
Saikou no purezento
That's the best present of all

この胸の一番の
Kono mune no ichiban no
And holds a special place in my heart

宝物だよ
Takaramono dayo
It's my treasure

No comments:

Post a Comment